Starting from CloudBlue Commerce version 21, Dummy Gate is no longer supported. However, if a provider wants to upgrade to version 21 and has only a few Dummy Gate-based subscriptions, there is a workaround.
Note: This workaround is intended for providers with a few Dummy Gate subscriptions due to its time-consuming nature. If you have many Dummy Gate subscriptions, please refer to this KB article.
The general idea of this workaround is to configure a plan based on a service template without resources and with autoproivisoining for each existing Dummy Gate-based subscription, and switch each of these subscriptions to the respective newly-configured plan. For each plan, the plan recurring fee must be equal to the recurring fee of the respective subscription.
For each existing Dummy Gate-based subscription, complete the following steps:
- Create a service plan.
- In OSS, create a service template without any resources.
- Make sure that Autoprovisioning is selected.
- In BSS, create a generic service plan based on the created service template. Set Billing Terms and Subscription Periods to the same as those in the respective Dummy Gate-based service plan.
- Set the recurring fee for the service plan to the same amount that you charge for the existing subscription.
- Create an upgrade path.
- Edit the existing Dummy Gate-based service plan: Add the upgrade path to the newly created service plan and for New Subscription Period Start Date, select Start Date of Current Subscription Period. For additional information, please refer to Configuring Allowed Upgrades or Downgrades for a Service Plan.
- Switch an existing Dummy Gate-based subscription to the newly created service plan.
- Go to the existing subscription and click Switch Plan.
- On the next step, choose the service plan.
Important: This plan must have the recurring fee as the recurring fee of the subscription you are switching.
- Click Place Order to finish the switch.
Now the subscription belongs to a generic service plan that does not require Dummy Gate. The provider can continue to charge a recurring fee from customers.
Service plan A is based on the Dummy Gate service template;
Subscription X has the recurring payment of $10.
Subscription Y has the recurring payment of $15.
Subscription Z has the recurring payment of $20.
The new service plan configuration and their subscriptions will look as follows:
Service plan B (for subscription X) with the recurring fee for the subscription period = $10.
Service plan C (for subscription Y) with the recurring fee for the subscription period = $15.
Service plan D (for subscription Z) with the recurring fee for the subscription period = $20.